HOW TO REPAIR GEAR SHIFTING OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEM?

2012 Volvo S60 • 4,500 miles

There are jerking sound when the gear shift and the gear shifting is not smooth especially when it falls from 4th to 3rd to 2nd gear. Overall the gear shifting is not smooth at all no matter it's shifting up or down. Besides it have a 'knock' sound when the gear shift. Is this normal?
Chesterf

Still in warranty? If not this must be checked over by a specialist trained in autos, take it and get it seen to ASAP.

Mhpautos
I agree with mhpautos that you should take it in to Volvo for warranty work. They will most likely try a software update first if one is available and if not or the problem is still there, then they will need to get Volvo and there FTS involved to see if they need to replace the transmission or some other problem is causing your complaint? Good luck to you and keep us posted as to what happens?

JIS001