HOW TO FIND OUT WHETHER YOUR CAR HAS BEEN TREATED WITH TEFLON COATING?

2012 Volkswagen Other • 12 miles

Q1. I have recently in January purchased a Volkswagen Vento. Its a sedan. I stay in Delhi, India. The color of my car is red. I was told that my car has been treated with teflon coating from outside. However I have a serious doubt as to whether teflon coating infact has been done. Is there any foolproof way to find out whether teflon coating has been done on my car or not. The usual method that the car will have a slippery outer surface is misleading as that can happen even with wax polish.

Q2. Is there a need to do teflon coating on a brand new car? Is it necessary for solid colors like red?
Harsh Kaushik

Without any chemical test, it is not possible to verify if it had been done. The coating is supposed to protect the paintwork and make it last longer but without proper care, it is of no use and coating do wear off over time so it is a subjective topic.