CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2012 Toyota Corolla • 12,000 miles

Hi

i am getting check engine light on my corolla 2012. I scanned it for codes. And the codes are
1. P0013 - camshaft b timing (bank1) circuit defective.

2. P0037 oxygen sensor heater (bank1, sensor2) signal low.

please advice me how to solve these issues.
Adi1991

The first issue can be solved by replacing the camshaft position sensor. In the unlikely situation that it does not fix it, remember you have to clear code, then you may have to check circuit and I can give you wiring diagram.

The oxygen sensor heater is probably just the O2 sensor in need of replacement as tose are self heating O2 sensors.

Please send me the diagram and tell me what is the location of the sensor so I can change it.

Adi1991
I am attaching entire set of engine wiring harness for 1.8L. On diagram 4of 4 there are two camshaft snensors, one on top of diagram one on bottom, that are reffered to as oil control sensors as well. I do not have much information on why they are called that. But, there is one for each sie of cam and it gives positon description in diagram.
As for the O2 sensor, it will be in echaust tract near converter.

If I am right then these sensors are also called as vvti sensor.
And in 2012 there are dual located on each side of engine?

Adi1991
2012? 12k? These are warranty items. You should not be responsible for these rep[airs.

I buy this car second hand and the warranty is not available.

Can u please tell me these sensors are also called as VVTI.

Adi1991
No, the one you are referring to is the variable valve timing solenoid. Different sensors, different functions.

1. P0013 - camshaft b timing (bank1) circuit defective

so please can you tell me how I can fix the above code and where this sensor is located.

Adi1991
Experts
My problem is getting worst. Where are u all.
I changed the oil control sensor but still check engine light is there.
The same obd codes.
P0013 camshaft b circuit defective
P0010 camshaft a circuit defective

Please please please help me for that.

Adi1991