STEERING RUBBING SENSATION

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid • 2.5L 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 30,000 miles

I noticed a a rubbing sensation in my steering when I turn it to right especially sharply eg in u turn.
It is like sudden quick vibration or rubbing sensation with out noise and happen once only in each sharp turn to the right.I can feel it in steering. What can the cause please help.
Thanx
Yasmeennn

Your car has electric assist steering (Toyota calls it EPS).
Quick, while your car is still under warranty, have the dealer to check it out for you. They've had steering sytem complaints with their EPS (so has all other car makers).
However, the main reason is because most independent shops do not have a scan tool which will recalibrate some of the parameters on the EPS. Your dealership does.

Freemba
Than for reply. Update/
The feeling like faint pulse through steering wheel when I turn to the right sharply and this feeling cable one or two rabid pulses and occur not all times is still related to EPs or can be due to some lubrication lost and need replaced in the pwersteering line

Yasmeennn
Since your car has electric power steering there are no power steering hoses.
The steering is assisted by an electric motor, whereas the older cars have a power steering pump which uses power steering fluid.
Don't forget to have the alignment checked (should be free under factory/dealer warranty).

Freemba
Thanx
The car is not under warranty BC I am not in USA I bought it from there.
I took to to local mechanic and describe the problem the the faint click that appear when turn to right that not always present he told it may be the joint
Of intermediate shaft of power steering
Could this to be the cause and if yes does it cost a lot of money
Than again I know I am annoying

Yasmeennn
Thanks for replying. No, you're not being annoying. This is what we're here for. Please keep your questions coming.

The bumping could be caused by improper wheel alignment. In some cases, the alignment could be out of adjustment enough to allow the wheel to be turned so sharp that the tire is scuffed along the pavement during sharp turns, which would cause some of the sensations that you describe.
Call around to the local alignment shop to see if any give FREE alignment inspections. They do this sometimes in order to "drum-up" new business. This check will let you know if your car needs an alignment.
Have the mechanic to check the intermediate shaft U-joint for looseness, if he suspects its the problem. Perhaps you can do it yourself. I'll look for a diagram.

Freemba
The car is not under waranty Because I am not in USA, I took it our local car dealership and he told nothing problem inmy car, is it normal to hhave these faint like click when turn to right which not always happen?And if the U joint is the problem can it cause click only to one side turning it should cause in both side.I don't know what to do please help me

Yasmeennn
Did the last mechanic test drive the car?
It doesn't seem normal to me, especially if it wasn't there before.
You need a second opinion. Is the service engine light on? If so have the codes read. This will give s good starting point for diagnosing the problem.

Did you have the alignment checked yet?

Freemba
Yes he drove it but as I told the click feeling on wheel of steering not al ways present.
No light is coming on dash.
What do u mean by alignment?Do u have image please.'Can I I check it by myself?
Thaaaanx so much for replying

Yasmeennn
I know I am annoying but I am really confused.
No light is coming on dash.
And if the universal joint is affected can it cause click sound in one side is when steering to the right only, how can be tested?
Thaaaanx so much for replying and sorry again

Yasmeennn
Thanx

Yasmeennn