FORD F-150 STEERING PROBLEM

2012 Ford F-150 • 500 miles

I bought a an extremely low mile XL truck that did not come from the factory with cruise control. I have found and purchased the steering wheel cruise control switch, and have the instructions for a dealer to program the computer to enable the cruise control to function. I'm trying to install the switch myself and have good instructions to get the airbag
out of the steering wheel to access the back side of the switch and disconnect the electrical plug. My problem is I don't see how to remove the switch assembly from the steering wheel. There are two posts on the back of the new switch with barbs on the ends. Is this a snap in system? They don't appear to be threaded. There are also threaded brass inserts on the ends of the switch, but I can not see how they would attach to the steering wheel as everything appears to be inside of the plastic itself. I can take pictures if that will help.