VOLKSWAGEN TDI DIESEL PROBLEM

2010 Volkswagen TDI • 17,000 miles

1.9 tdi touran: vw touran ft10 zdl had reserve deasel put £4 of unleaded then topped up with £26 of deasel will I be ok seems ok at the moment only driven about 3 miles though some sites seem to say it should be fine the petrol station says it should be fine

To be safe, I would flush it all out. Diesel is not only a fuel, but a lubricant that lubricates all high pressure diesel components.

A mixture of petrol (gasoline) & diesel will make the fuel thinner, which will affect its lubrication ability. Not able to withstand
the high pressures that components put it under, can cause those components to wear.

Thomas

Exovcds
I would recommend that the fuel be removed and a new filter added as the last poster suggested this is not good for the injection pump or the injectors, if it was my car I would not leave the petrol mixed in the tank I would be getting it drained and a new filter.

Mhpautos