CAN I REPLACE MY STOCK AIR FILTER WITH A CONE AIR FILTER WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY ANY OTHER PARTS/ADAPTERS OR WILL MY CAR NOT RUN RIGHT WITH JUST THE CONE AIR FILTER? LE

2010 Toyota Corolla • 47,000 miles

I was just wondering if I could just take out the filter housing and filter and put a cone air filter in that has the same diameter of the stock intake hose and just clamp it in using the existing clamps.
Thatguy95

You can always try it, normally those type are sold in a kit though

I've I heard that the mass air flow sensor sometimes malfunctions if you do that kind of upgrade so if it did I could always just replace back the stock air filter and housing correct?

Thatguy95
Ya but you would have to clean the maf first. People put to much oil on those type of filters and it screws the maf up.

So not too much oil, check. How would I go about cleaning the maf if necessary? Sorry about all the questions but I'm still learning.

Thatguy95
Choke cleaner but with engine off and wait til it dries before starting

Thanks for the help, appreciate it alot!

Thatguy95
Also does it matter if I have a heat guard with the cone filter or is it not necessary?

Thatguy95
The heat guard is to stop hot air from going in engine, if you have it use it if not don't