SOUL 2.0

2010 Kia Other • 35,000 miles

I have a 2010 kia soul that badly overheated. Warped the head, had it repaired, put it all back together like it was. Had to replace cam sensor as it was melted. Would not start. No spark. Found the coil pack contacts were burnt thru. Replaced it. Still no spark. I think it may be with the timing but not sure. Help please. Thank, Dave
Davidosburn

Did you replace the belt>> have you checked compression?

Did not replace belt. Still good. Everthing turns. Have not checked compression yet. Will tonite
Was hoping it was electrical. But I'll find out. Car ran until it shut off. Warpt the head so bad had coolent on the pistons. But not in pan when drained it

Davidosburn
I would have replaced the belt after all that happened. Do have spark?

Also any codes in the computer?

No spark. No codes.

Davidosburn
Did notice that the IAC motor gets hot and hums a little. New plugs, and coil pack. Fuel pump kicks on. Car sat before I got it. Battery did die. Don't know if it has factory theft deterent. Gonna look for that light on dash. Car only has just under 35k on it. Kia wont warranty due to "human error". Not mine though

Davidosburn
No security light
Am I correct about timing marks. Never cranked it when head was off. Machine shop put cams back in like they were. White mark on crank pulley straight up along with cam gear? It would be at tdc then.

Davidosburn
No compression in #1 cylinder. Only one I checked

Davidosburn
If you have no compression in cyl 1 you need to. Check. The rest of the cyls there is a problem there.

No compression in all four. Could I be a tooth off. Or evrn 180 off

Davidosburn
Page 1 of 2