WILL NOT START AFTER JUMPING

2010 Kia Forte • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 2,000 miles

I have returned from a 3 week trip and my brand new kia forte will not start. I even tried to jump start it and all it does is make a loud buzzing sound. All the lights turn turn on and the electrinics work but the car won't start. It doesnt even make the cranking sound. When I turn the ignition the lights on the dash just flicker.
Lauriemtee

Before you do anything else, attach a battery charger to the battery and bring it back up to full charge. There may be a warranty issue that you could violate if anything is done to the car, start with the recharging and if no joy, call the dealer and see what your options are.

Dr. Hagerty
I don't have a battery charger

Lauriemtee
OK. The battery could be charged by someone you know who does have a charger or you could purchase one, they are not terribly expensive. Where shall we go from here?

Dr. Hagerty
I guess I'll have to take it to the dealership. I'm new to this area and don't know many people.

Lauriemtee
OK.

Dr. Hagerty