IF I DRIVE EVERY DAY BUT JUST FOR SHORT DISTANCES....

2010 Ford Focus • 6 cylinder • 10,160 miles

I drive my car almost everyday but usually for short distances. I mean I drive it for maybe 4 miles per day. Once a week I drive it for 10 miles. And perhaps every other week I will take it on a 70 mile highway trip. Will the batery be alright in the short term? The battery died on me once (after a year and a half of having this car but it was replaced for free.) So with this kind of driving should the battery be fresh and strong for the timebeing?
Inmyheart28

With only driving the car for short times it does not even come up to operating temps. With driving it 70 miles every other week helps the engine. To keep the battery fully charged try getting a trickle charger, that way even when it gets cold out the battery will have a good charge.

M_H_RITZEL
If I keep driving as is for the time being will the battery hold up for some time (the battery was replaced a month and a half ago, ) and since once I week I drive it 10 miles, and every other week I drive it 70 miles. Will the battery not have any problems in the short term or would you expect a problem soon?

Inmyheart28
Don't see any real problems. If you see that the battery is getting a little slow turning the car over run it for a while. Most batteries are better off when kept charged. About once a week get out and start it up and let it warm up for a few minutes that way it brings the battery up.

M_H_RITZEL
Have the battery load tested if okay then the alternator is doing its job-Run the engine atleast 10mins before you take off short or long distance travel so that the alternator recondition the battery-bear in mind the alternator is not a charger, its reconditioner

Hello Mike-nice to see you back Happy belated TG and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New 2012-you take care old buddy, thought you're gone for good, surprised you're still kicking it with us-Atta Boy keep up the good work and stay with us till we no longer can't do it-