DODGE CARAVAN BRAKE FLUID PROBLEM

2010 Dodge Caravan • 37,000 miles

I need to replace my front brake caliper but I'm not sure if I just stop the brake fluid hose from bleeding or just let it bleed. If so do I just reconnect after it stops and just add brake fluid?
\

IF I'M CHANGING WHEEL CYLINDERS OR "HARD LINES"--I PUSH THE NUT BACK A LITTLE AND STICK A VACUUM CAP OVER THE FLARE

IF I'M DOING CALLIPERS OR SIMILAR HOSES WITH A BRASS OPEN HOLE----IF A VACUUM CAP WON'T FILL THE HOLE---I STICK A LITTLE PIECE OF HOSE IN IT (CAP OR HOSE, I'M USING THE OUTSIDE OF 'EM TO COVER/ BLOCK THE HOLE INSIDE THE BRASS FITTING)

I'VE SEEN 2 THICK PIECES OF RUBBER ON EITHER SIDE AND A PAIR OF VISE-GRIP PLIERS HOLDING THEM OVER EITHER SIDE OF THE HOLE

EVEN FOAM EAR PLUGS!

BE CREATIVE!

IF YOU WORK FAST---YOU MAY NOT LOSE MUCH

JUST DON'T LET THE MASTER CYLINDER RUN DRY--OR YOU MIGHT HAVE TO BENCH BLEED IT!

YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO BLEED THE CALIPER ANYWAY, IF YOU TOOK IT LOOSE OR ARE REPLACING IT---TOP OFF THE MC WHEN FINISHED