COOLANT HOSE QUESTION

2010 Dodge Caravan • 80,000 miles

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am having to change the heater hose assembly due to a leak in one of the "Y" connections. I did not have a problem removing the bad hoses and I know where everything goes. The new assembly has a quick connect looking fitting where the lower "Y" goes onto the steel tube coming up. The old assembly did not have this quick connect looking fitting (the hose connected directly to the steel tube with a clamp). I'm hesitant to just slip this fitting over the steel tube. Will it just "snap" on? I thought about taking that fitting off and just clamping the hose onto the steel tube, but the hose is shorter on this new assembly. Hopefully someone can help! I can try to attach pictures if necessary. Thanks
Daddybroussard

It must be exact. If you did not take off that fitting then dont put that on. You most likely have the in correct hose.