PROTON SAVVY DEALER PROBLEM

2009 Proton Savvy • 10,000 miles

Keys wont unlock the car, when I operate the fob indicators flash and there are two beeps, then I have to unlock the car with the key. I have tried the key re-teach procedure but it fails to re teach the keys
Yoda123

You need dealer help with this then. Last Friday my sons savvy has to go into a dealer for the same. Reprogramming didn't work for some reason at home but they sorted it but didn't report back on what they did. Proton play this very close to their chest because its a common problem on the savvy. Gen2 and neo models. Have you tried a new battery in the fob? These fobs tend to burn up batteries very quickly for some unknown reason. Probably down to the low quality of manufacturing.

Captain proton
Any update on this?

Yes it took a quarter of an hour in and out dealer wouldn't give him any info so we are still pretty much in the dark why my version didnt work. Dealer made one comment though and that was "how will I claim on the warranty on this one" proton will never pay me out on this.

Captain proton
Some people just can't afford to give some goodwill. As a customer, I would never want to go back to such dealers.

OK guys and gals. Houston we have lift off!

Today my son got in touch again and told me that his key that had previously been programmed had once again lost its programming. DOH ! So he emailed me for the instruction on reprogramming and he had a play around with it again. He found the correct reprogramming trying this and that so I can now pass that on to you all. You will need both ignition keys to do this.

[1] Take the key that needs programming put it in the ignition and turn to the on position and then press and hold in the alarm reset button.

[2] While still holding in the reset button turn the ignition off and remove the key.

[3] Re-insert the key and turn the Ignition to the ON position.

[4] Release the alarm reset button and then press it in once.

[5] Now with the ignition still switched on take hold of your SPARE key and press the lock button on your spare key. The alarm should "BEEP" once.

[6] Now press the Lock button on the key that has lost its programming. Alarm should "BEEP" again.

[7] Switch ignition off.

This has worked. Good luck all you proton savvy owners. Captain Proton over and out.

Captain proton