MERCURY MILAN BATTERY PROBLEM

2009 Mercury Milan • 70,000 miles

Y wifes car is a 2009 Mercury Milan. Tonight, she went to pick up takeout food, and came out and the car won't start. She calls me, I ask her to try the remote starter(which we had installed independently motor shop) it doesn't work either. So I leave work to check it out. No ignition lights come on when you try to start, but you can see the anti-theft light dimly flashing, also the overhead ceiling lights were flashing but also dim.I tried to jump the car, but it seems as the battery is dead, or something is not allowing the jump.I know it could be the battery or alternator, but just seemed awful quick to go completely dead. It had just started at her work less than two miles away, and she had pre-ordered the takeout, so she was in and out in less than a couple mins. Just wondering, could it be a malfunction of the anti-theft or remote starter causing this, or is it more than likely a bad battery or alternator. We had to leave it there for the night, and plan to check it out more in the morning. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Atlantis391

Lets start by having the battery and alternator checked out-