JAKNIYAH

2009 Hummer H3 • 6 cylinder AWD Automatic • 50,000 miles

I have a 2009 H3, and the dome lights will not go out, what do I do? I keep goning to the repair shop, and they keep saying that it is a corroded sensor, but it keeps happening time after time; how do I fix it?
Jakniyah

It is not a corroded sensor, but perhaps one of the five(four on H3T) door jamb switches. If it is a problem with corrosion, then the moisture that is corroding the switches needs to be addressed.

Factoryjack

Jakniyah
I found the problem on the door jamb/sensor. The door jamb/sensor had a lot of lubrication on it, "question" is the sensor/door jamb suppose to have any lubricate on it? Because none of the other doors had any lubrication on it but the door the repair shop say they fixed.

Jakniyah
It sounds like maybe a dielectric silicone, that was probably intended to curtail the moisture intrusion. It should not have caused any problem.

Factoryjack