LIGHTNING BOLT ON

2009 Dodge Charger • 60,000 miles

PLEASE HELP I HAVE A 2009 DODGE CHARGER THAT HAS A LIGHTNING BOLT ON IN DASH WILE PUTTING IN REVERSE VEHICLE WOULD NOT MOVE. TURNED VEHICLE OFF AND THEN IT WAS FINE. ALSO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON I HAVE TO RETRIEVED CODES YET ANY IDEAS? NOW I DRIVE AND THE LIGHTNING BOLT IS STILL ON DASH BUT DRIVES NORMAL
Jjimenez8891

Manual states,
This light informs you of a problem with the Electronic Throttle Control system. If a problem is detected the light will come on while the engine is running. Cycle the ignition key when the vehicle is completely stopped and the gear selector is in the PARK position. The light should turn off. If the light remains lit with the engine running your vehicle will usually be drivable, however, see your dealer for service as soon as possible. Ifthe light is flashing when the engine is running, immediate service is required and you may experience reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle or engine stall and your vehcle may require towing. The light will come on when the ignition is first turned on and remain on briefly as a bulb check. If the light does not during starting, have the system checked by an authorized dealer.

Fixitmr