CHRYSLER SEBRING WARRANTY PROBLEM

2009 Chrysler Sebring • 80,124 miles

I purchased a 2009 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2.4L DOHC in September 2012 with a two year warranty, and my check engine light came on about a month after purchasing it. I had a diagnostic done on it a found that the intake side of the intake manifold runner does not move, however there is free spinning movement on the runner side. Should this be covered under my two year warranty?
Ibcrusn

I would have to read the warranty. I would think it falls under an emissions warranty. Did you get that or is it powertrain only?

Depends on your coverage. Look in your contract for specifics for internal engine issues.

Powertrain

Ibcrusn
I would call the carrier and tell them the issue and have them tell you if it is covered.

Under engine coverage it includes intake and exhaust manifolds.

Ibcrusn
Ok, that is the actual manifolds which is not your issue.

Once again, call them for the specifics.

I called Zurich and was told that it might be covered if valve is not spinning in the manifold, however they want me to take it to their technician and have it checked and possibly pay another fee if they determine that it's not what was found to be the problem from Firestone's Tech's.

Ibcrusn
You have to follow there directions to get it covered. Take it down and have them check it again and have them call the company.

Thank you, I will do that. I am 62 and on a fixed income and I don't need to be taken to the cleaners.

Ibcrusn
I understand but you can decline the repair if they dont cover it