ENGINE RATTLING WHEN SWITCHING FROM V4 TO V8

2009 Chevrolet Silverado • 51,025 miles

When my Truck switches from V8 to V4 I hear a popping noise then as I accelerate I hear a rattling sound till my truck switches back to V8 any help? Sometimes when im sitting at a red light my trucks engine light will come on and then it says traction control disable but when I accelerate it goes off and starts the popping noise when I start to slow down and it switches to V4 any help please?
Jbutch906

If the light is coming on, you need to have the computer scanned. Most parts stores will do it for free.

Jbutch906
Sorry for such a short response. However, there are so many sensors on these vehicles, it becomes a guessing game without a scanner.

Thanks fine I just hope it nothing bad but the scan has to wait till monday hopefully mayb onstar can help tomorrow

Jbutch906
I would really like to know what you find. If you can, get back to me after the checks.

I will keep you posted im gonna keep my fingers crossed and thanks for the help

Jbutch906
Well I found out thats its the computer they said its not shutting the fuel off when it switches to V4 but I called chevy they told me to drive it that it wouldnt hurt it untill they could fit me in to get it repaired soo hopeufully the computer will be under warranty thanks for the help though

Jbutch906