AUDI OTHER ENGINE PROBLEM

2009 Audi Other • 80,000 miles

I AM NOT DUE TO GET ANOTHER OIL CHANGE UNTIL 2K MORE MILES BUT I HAD TO ADD 3 QUARTS OF OIL TO MY CAR RECENTLY AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL OR IS SOMTHING WRONG. TY: )

EITHER IT'S LEAKING SOMEWHERE.......OR YOU ARE BURNING IT

3 QUARTS IS A GOOD BIT BETWEEN CHANGES............BUT AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT FILLED, ALL PROBABLY WILL BE FINE

MOST OWNER'S MANUALS "REQUIRE" OR RATHER "TELL YOU" TO CHECK OIL AND COOLANT LEVELS ONCE A WEEK!!!!!

I'VE TOLD MANY PEOPLE WHY.......THEY LAUGH AND SAY, "WHO DOES THAT???" ---MY RESPONSE TO THAT IS " I CHECK EVERY RIG IN MY YARD ON SATURDAYS!!!" (THEIR OIL GETS CHECKED ONLY WHEN IT GETS CHANGED)

WHEN YOU RUN YOUR LEVEL "LOW" (OR PROLONG A CHANGE)---THE OIL DOES NOT GET COOLED--BREAKS DOWN FASTER---AND YOUR ENGINE "DOES SUFFER WEAR" THAT IT WOULD NOT GET WITH A PROPER LEVEL

WHEN YOU IGNORE GAUGES OR DEPEND ON AN IDIOT LIGHT............WHEN SHE GOES TO KNOCKIN', THAT'S REALLY BAD WEAR OCCURRING!...........MAYBE EVEN TERMINAL!

I LIKE GAUGES---I'VE ADDED MANY ON MY '77 CJ 5 ("MR. JEEP") AND ON MY '46 WILLYS ("WILLY").......I LIKE TO BE AWARE OF WHAT'S GOING ON UNDER THE HOOD.......I DRIVE BOTH AS DAILY DRIVERS

PARK IN NICE CLEAN SPACES OR PLACE A PIECE OF CLEAN CARDBOARD BOX ON YOUR GARAGE FLOOR UNDER THE ENGINE , PUT A PIECE OF PAPER UNDER YOUR WIPER (THIS WILL REMIND YOU TO LOOK UNDERNEATH UPON YOUR RETURN)......LOOK FOR FRESH OIL SPOTS ON THE GROUND..........THEN YOU'LL GET AN IDEA OF WHERE TO LOOK ON YOUR ENGINE......I'VE MADE WIFEY MAD A FEW TIMES WHEN I SNATCHED THE BIG MIRROR OUT OF THE HALLWAY SHOVED IT UNDER A VEHICLE AND USED A STRONG FLASH-LIGHT TO "RECON" THE SITUATION PRIOR TO PUTTING IT UP ON JACK STANDS

IT'S HARD TO WATCH YOUR EXHAUST WHILE DRIVING----HAVE A "SOMEWHAT KNOWLEDGEABLE BUDDY" FOLLOW YOU WHILE YOU DRIVE NORMAL AND ACCELERATE.......WHITE-ISH----BLUE-ISH SMOKE IS OIL BURNINGBLACK SMOKE IS UNBURNED FUEL (SORTA NORMAL DURING HARD ACCELERATIONS)

JUST FOR GIGGLES, INSPECT THE INSIDE OF YOUR RADIATOR CAP AND JUICE, JUST TO MAKE SURE YOUR OIL IS NOT GETTING INTO THE COOLANT DUE TO A CRACK OR HEAD GASKET ISSUE

SCHEDULED (AND PREVENTATIVE) MAINTENANCE AND PERFORMING REPAIRS WHEN A PROBLEM OCCURS IS THE KEY TO RIDING IN YOUR, "BEEN PAID FOR A LONG AGO BUDDY(S)" FOR YEARS TO COME

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR ISSUE