INTERNAL REAR DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE DOES NOT OPEN THE DOOR

2008 Saturn Astra • 40,000 miles

When the door latch is pulled to get out it des not open from the inside. The door opens fine from the outside. It's almost lie the child lock will not disengage. How do I take the panel off and what do I check.
Savage928

You will have to remove the door trim and inspect that the actuating rod has not come off the lock, if it is still attached correctly, proberbly the lock has failed internally.

Mhpautos
I apologize for the stupid questions, but is it the internal door panel I need to remove or the external trim? Is there anything I should be aware of so I dont break the trim or door clips?

Savage928
Its the internal trim, as for cautions, I will contact our Saturn expert and check.

Mhpautos
Those cars replaced the saturn ion and didnt sell well at all. SO I have actual worked on very few of them because of that fact.I posted the directions on how to remove the door panel.I would say most likely it sounds like the inside door handle release rod came off.