STALLING AND BAD IDLE SPEED

2008 Renault 11 • 33,000 miles

I have a 2008 Renault Cleo. The motor is size 4 cyclinder, 1.6 liter, 16 valve Standard Transmission. It has 53,000 KMS on the motor. I have had the same problem before. When driving and then put the trans in nuetral the idel will drop very low-below 200-300 RPM and stall occasionally. It is becoming more common. About a year ago I had the exact same problem. I took it into the dealership as it was under warranty. They scanned it-with no result, then the mechanic said he cleaned the butterfly/throttle valve area. This seemed to remedy the problem but now it is back. I changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle area myself but this has had no effect. I thought to change the spark plug wires-but this car does no have them-it has 'units' with the ignition coil, cable, etc. All in one body above the spark plug on the injection manifold. Is there a way to test these with a voltmeter as they are expensive to replace. I looked for the sensor to increase airflow on the throttle body and only found the throttle position sensor. Am I right in what I am looking for? Also sometimes the car in idle/nuetral now runs very high-between 1,000 to 2,000 RPM in neutral. Can you please help find the problem please? Also about a year ago I changed the fuel filter so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I do live in Mexico and the gas here is very dirty compared to the USA. Also I did put the car on a scanner with no codes coming back, and as well I load tested the battery and alternator and they both came back ok. Thanks Ryan
Ryan South

Cwe have no info for this car. But check for a vacuum leak and check fuel pressure.