PROBLEM THAT I HAVE IS THAT THE INTERIOR LIGHT/RADIO/CLOCK HAVE STOPPED WORKING

2008 Proton Gen-2 • 9,200 miles

Opened car with remote key got into car and heard a clicking coming from the door relay under dash on n/s of car. Noticed that the interior lamp/radio and clock were not working. Disconnected the central locking relay as trying to close door lock, doors immedietly reopened. Checked all fuses in engine compartment and under dash on right hand side of car (all ok). When all doors are closed door ajar lamp on dash dims but is still illuminated.
Martin t

Check to see if there is a short in the door switch circuit. The switch itself will be located in the door jamb area.

Our reference material only lists vehicles available in America.

Rivermikerat
There has been a problem with the drivers door switch as when the door was opened the interior light did not alway come on. Also the trunk light dose not come on either when I open the trunk. Would seem to point to a blown fuse but have checked all with a known good fuse. The dimming of the door ajar lamp on the dash would indicate a loose earth wire somewhere but why would the other items not work?

Martin t
It could be a combined earth ground point. This is typical so as to eliminate ground loops.

Rivermikerat