PONTIAC GRAND PRIX ENGINE PROBLEM

2008 Pontiac Grand Prix • 75,000 miles

When I started my car this afternoon I noticed it was running rough, and when I opened the hood the engine was running really rough (shaking) and under acceleration it still runs rough. It has a 3800 motor in it. It almost seems like there is a cylinder missing possibly. Does this car have a coil pack and if so maybe it went bad? Thats all I can think of or possibly a bad spark plug or wire. Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Car has ran great before this happened.

Check engine light on?

I would start with basics. Compression test, spark and fuel pressure. After the failure is determined, then you only replace the bad parts

I am having the same issues. With about the same amount of miles on mine too. I had the plugs and wires replaced. Worked for about 10 miles and started all over again. I am having the coil fixed on monday. I will let yah know how it goes
Kori

Joemka