ASC OFF PROBLEM

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 42,000 miles

I have a Mitsubishi outlander 2008 V6, few days ago the ASC off light and the service required light appeared, I took it to the dealer they told me that the computer control of the ASC is damaged ( a small device under the radio consol, beside the acceleration pedal ) and that this is the first time they see this problem, is this the real problem or there is another cause, if this is the real problem is it possible to repair this device?
Mikel2007

Did you make any progress with this issue?
I've got the same problem with a 2007 Outlander.
After a service today the dealer is saying the hydraulic brake unit needs to be replaced at a cost of UKĀ£1700.
I'm not inclined to believe this just yet having experienced many cases in the past of dealers quoting rediculous causes to problems and crazy prizes to fix them.

JohnPalmer
The same problem has just happened to my 2007 Outlander.
Switched on the car and it just came up for no reason at all.
My private mechanic put it on the computer but couldnt clear the problem and when he contacted the mitsi dealership they told him the same thing without even looking at it.
My mechanic has tested the ABS and the breaking system is operating fine, so we are going to investigate further before resorting to the suggestion of the dealer at the silly money. I will keep you posted if I find out anything.
Did you get any other advice?

Ciaran Donnelly
Hi, I have 2008 v6, my experience
First the abs warning start to blink, so the asc turn to off and 4w start working on lock position
I took my car for assistance in a Mit dealer, diagnosis was rear abs sensor damagade need to be replaced
I took a car to an independent garage, they found same problem in their computer, I saw on computer a diferent RPM scanned by their tool, as I didnt have the sensor to replace I bought a sensor, while abs sensor was traveling the problem dissapear same it came

Just after 1500km abs problem, asc off and 4wd locked, turn back. Now I am going to change this sensor, but not sure if it is the real problem, I will keep u informed
Any news, hope u can find a trustable solution.
Tks
E. Laus

E Laus