TRANSMISSION FILTER

2008 Kia Sedona • 6 cylinder FWD • 81,000 miles

I have a 2008 Kia Sedona LX. It has a spin on type transmission filter. I can not locate this filter anywhere. Where is it located on this vehicle.
Wagmike

Are you sure it has a spin on filter?A lot of the kia models deleted the external filter in the later 2001 model year. They only had a internal filter that was only changed when the transmission got rebuilt. Here is a parts diagram of your transmission it only shows the internal filter in it.

I am pretty sure yes. The parts house that sold me the filter says that there is one, and in fact, one of your experts on this site says that there is one also. Here is the link. http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2008-kia-sedona-transmission-filter

Wagmike
I see that I looked at the oriellys parts website and saw a spin on filter also.I looked on the mtichell 1 repair manual online we use on this website and could see the parts diagram showing the filter. Those are the ones I posted for you if there is a spin on filter which looks like there is it should be easy to see. Its going to be on the side of the transmission facing the radiator or the rear of the van.I would say it would be facing the radiator thats my first thought. Let me know what you find.

Thank you, I will check that out tomorrow, and see what I can find.

Wagmike
Keep me posted on what you find.