WHEEL ALIGNMENT

2008 Honda Fit • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 40,000 miles

I have not gotten good service from a couple of different places recently, so I try to pose this question(s) here.

I recently replaced the original tires on my 2008 base Fit due to wear after just 40,000 miles and a little less than three years, which was disappointing. The inside edges of all four tires were essentially bald already, so when replacing the tires I had a four-wheel alignment done.

For the only wheel that was out of spec after the alignment, the toe of the right rear, I was told that the manufacturer does not specifiy rear camber and toe adjustments, that no adjustments could be made on that wheel, and that the misalignment was likely due to another mechanical problem. True or not true regarding each of these comments?

Ironically, the tire at that position has a cracked wheel cover and, while not large, a visible dent in the tire rim right where the crack is, so I obviously hit something with that tire along the way. I had the tire/rim checked before the new tires were purchased, was told the tire (the old tire) spun fine and not to worry about it because the dent was rather minor, and I have not noticed any unusual sounds or feelings even at highway speeds since the at least one year since I first noticed that damage.

Still, the odds of my one slightly damaged rim being put back on the one wheel where the alignment specs remained off in the end strike me as possibly being more than coincidence. Can a bent/dented tire rim cause wheel alignment readings to be out of spec (in this particular case the toe of a rear wheel)? Thank you in advance for any comments. I appreciate it.
Kostuj