MY FUEL ECONOMY IS SO BAD...MY (I BOUGHT IT BRAND NEW,) FUEL ECONOMY IS SO BAD... I TRY MY BEST TO TAKE ALL PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THE FUEL ECONOMY IS IMPROVED (USING TIPS AFTER 'GOOGLING') BUT ITS NOT HELPING... I ALREADY CHAN

2008 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 45,000 miles

My honda civic fuel economy is so bad.
My 2008 honda civic (i bought it brand new, ) fuel economy is so bad. I try my best to take all precautions to ensure the fuel economy is improved (using tips after 'googling') but its not helping. I already change the plugs and fuel line components. What can I do next. Please advice.
Gbemiadio

How many MPG do you get local and highway?

Wrenchtech
16mpg local and 19mpg highway

Gbemiadio
That's pretty far out of line. Is the check engine light ever coming on?
Do you have stock tires and wheels?

Wrenchtech
How about the exhaust system? Is that stock?

Wrenchtech
The tires are not stock neither is the exhaust stock. The engine light is not on.I service it at 5000km interval consistently.
I have done all I know to do and I have not seen any improvement.

Gbemiadio
The aftermarket tires and exhaust are likely the cause. The tires will dramatically change the gear ratio and the exhaust will effect the backpressure.

Wrenchtech
Should I change the tires? If yes please recommend. What can I do about the exhaust?

Gbemiadio
The EPA fuel mileage estimates are assigned to the factory configuration of the vehicle. Aftermarket mods will always change that.

Wrenchtech
What kind of tires should I buy to replace the ones am using now?

Gbemiadio
Everything should be exactly as the car came from the factory if fuel mileage is your priority.

Wrenchtech