AC COMPRESSOR

2008 Honda City • 26,000 miles

My AC compressor keep loosing gas. The service garage found out its from the Compressor bearings This was replaced and AC worked very well. After two days the gass leaked from the switch on the body of the compresor. I want back to the Service garage and the said the AC is packed up.

The exact compressor is not readily available, and he is suggesting using a different compressor.

Will this have any effect on the performance/ life of the car?

thanks
Nicarta

You can go witout an AC till they can find one compatable for yours it won't affect performance and drivibility

Must I use the same type of compressor the car came with? What are the compatable types of compressor for Honda City 2008 Model.

Nicarta
Is there a universal AC Compressor that can fit into any car?

Nicarta
It is best if the same compressor is used as the system had been designed with the compressor in mind. Replacing with another might not be as good as the OEM but then again, if a compatible compressor is available, it should be ok to use it.

There's no such thing as a universal compressor but every application has multiple manufacturers but they will vary in quality.

Wrenchtech