FORD RANGER BATTERY PROBLEM

2008 Ford Ranger • 50,000 miles

Not charging. Replaced alt and battery. Fuses look good and ground. I measured 12v at both red wires on alt. Main and one in 3wire harness.
Jordan78

Here's a tip.
Have had several 07 to 09 rangers 4.0 no charge conditition fuse link feed wire rubbed in two by plastic inner fender under battery box
that may be your problem. It cuts the voltage down an dalternator won't charge. There are three so check all three two should be on relay pic included.

So I have located two links (labelled as links) red power from battery to fuse panel to link and turns into blue w/green stripe. I probed either side with buzzer and got power both sides of it. Also probed red wire (smaller) bothsides of link red to wire/brown. Cant locate the other link. Is probing for power on either side good enough?

Jordan78
Theother linkis under the battery box rubs oninner fender well re read the tip and yes a test light or volt meter is better

Are you referring to battery box as fuse panel area or actually under battery

Jordan78
Under the battery box like it says.

In this case no wires run under any box cant not see anything damaged. Anywhere. Found third link and measured power on either end of all three. All good! When the vehicle first came it wasnt charging. My assistant tooki it out and charged it. I installed the next day and battery was taking a charge fine, ran for 2-3 days and now no charge. Thats when I installed new alt.

Jordan78
I have power to alt and power to the red wire located in the three wire plug on alt. Should there not be power to another wire while its running. Like an output of power. Sorry not the greatest at this stuff

Jordan78
Have a pro look at thisyou should have battery voltage at both red sconnections at alternator. You aren't understanding at all. The battery HAS to be reomved andprobably battery box and the link has to be looked at for being rubbed off.