2 PROBLEMS IN ONE. MY BROTHER WAS CHANGING THE OIL IN MY MOMS CAR, DRAINED TRANNY FLUID NOT ENGINE.RAN CAR A FEW MILES TOO MUCH OIL, NO TRANNY FLUID

2008 Ford Edge • 80,000 miles

2 problems in one. My brother was changing the oil in my moms 08 ford edge. V6, front wheel drive. Anyway, he drained the TRANSMISSION fluid by mistake and then proceeded to add an additional 5.5 quarts to the already full engine. As we usually do, my mom drove it a few miles to make sure everything feels right, she heard some unusaul noises (not surprising) so she brought it home and we discovered the problem. I know it definitely didn't help the engine and tranny, but is there any reason we can't just drain and swap oil the right way, and add tranny fluid and continue to drive it? She has to drive a few hundred miles tomorrow in it so we don't have time to take it to a dealership in the morning.
Orrinbare

Ever here the saying, if it aint broke, dont fix it? It's worth a try I guess. Maybe you'll be lucky.

Fixitmr