TAURUS: RELACING AIR DOOR BLEND ACTUATOR

2008 Ford 500

I need help replacing air door blend actuator? Plz help! Thnx!
Shockme71

What do you want us to do, hand you tools. LOL
I don't see a 500 being made ofter 2007 and then there were a left and right actuator but either one is only about 15 minutes to change.

Wrenchtech
Lol. Ok. It shows I'm new to this. My bad. The vin# pulls it up as a 500, but badge on car shows taurus. I have tools just no knowledge on changing the part.

Shockme71
That doesn't change anything. It's still a 15 minute job by the book. A couple of screws and a plug is all there is. You just have to bend yourself under the dash to reach it.

Wrenchtech
Removal and Installation

Detach the damper and lower the glove compartment.
Working through the glove compartment opening, detach and disconnect the temperature blend door actuator jumper harness electrical connector.
Detach the in-vehicle temperature sensor aspirator hose pin-type retainer from the instrument panel support.
Detach the instrument panel wire harness pin-type retainer from the heater core and evaporator core housing support.
Remove the 2 RH temperature blend door actuator screws.
Reposition the RH temperature blend door actuator to allow access to the electrical connector and disconnect the RH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The LH temperature blend door actuator can be accessed from below the LH side of the instrument panel.

Remove the 2 LH temperature blend door actuator screws.
Disconnect the LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector.
Remove the LH temperature blend door actuator.
NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Smart Junction Box (SJB) fuse 15 for at least one minute.
NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall SJB fuse 15. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct LH temperature blend door operation.

BMRFIXIT