VIBRATION

2008 Dodge Charger • V8 2WD Automatic • 16,000 miles

2008 dodge charger v8 r/t 19,000 mile
hello, guys. You ve helped me before and first problem solved, thnks. New problem
vibration at 60mh, and over, I think it starts with half front of car and travels to rear at higher speed. There is no vibration in steering wheel at all. Its the vibration thats kinda of bouncy with high frequency(smoothly)that puts you to sleep. Wheels and tires are almost new, very well balanced and many times. The car is straight at all times(no alingment needed).

the only thing that I have put recently on the car that is not stock(original) new shocks front and back(eibach) and new tension struts(radius arm) bushings in the front(not rubber)?Note: the car drives very smooth on rough roads and big bumps}. Any suggestion? Thanks again
Nubani2000

Have someone follow you on smooth road and watch tires for bouncyness.

Fixitmr
Will after market shocks cause this?

Nubani2000
Probably not. Unless defective. A tire slightly out of round/balance is more likely. Another possibility is the new bushings are not as effective at isolating road noise at high speed.

Fixitmr
Hello, sir. Yes the cAR HAS BEEN CHECKED AGAIN AND PUT NEW SETS WHEELS TIRES ON, AND STILL THE SAME. ALL SUSPENSION PARTS ARE 100%TITE. SO I DROVE THE CAR FOR MORE MILES STEADY AT 80MPH, AND NOTICED THE BOUNCYNESS IS EVEN ALL THE WAY AROUND, CHANGES SLIGHTLY WITH ROAD SURFACE. SO ITS NOT REAR ONLY, IT INCREASES TO THE REAR WITH HIGHER SPEED. I DONT KNOW IF THE TERM I SHOULD USE BOUNCY OR WHEEL HOPPING. ITS IN VERTICAL MOTION WITH HIGH FREQUENCY, I NOTICED IT WITH LOWER SPEEDS (40MPH)WITH LITTLE UNEVEN SURFACES OR RUT ON ROAD. NO VIBRATION IN STEERING WHEEL AT ALL, BUT DOES GO UP AND DOWN WITH HIGHER SPEEDS ALONG WITH THE HARMONY I DESCRIBED ABOVE. LIKE I said everything on car is original parts except for shocks(eibachs) any ideas? Thanks

Nubani2000
Have you considered the idea of selling and getting different car? I've seen people go thru things like this before and end up just replacing car. But anyway, this only started after new shocks were installed? Maybe you need a heavier duty set?

Fixitmr
Actually, yes I do want to sell the car, but I think if I fix the problem will help selling!Because the problem is abvious, but anyway, I dont know if this info helps, modifications done on car as follows: mopar lowering springs, mopar performance stablizer bars- and eibach dampers. That is it?

Nubani2000
You know, some people buy a car on looks alone, so why be concerned about their reaction to your problem? They may not really notice it that much or at all? Or not be concerned?

Fixitmr