WHY DOES MY CAR SHUT OFF WHILE IM DRIVING?

2008 Dodge Avenger • 50,000 miles

I was driving and the car felt like it had no power and it cut off. A couple of times it did it on the driveway as I was warming the engine.
Arch1

When it died did it restart right away?If not how long did you have to wait for it to start?If it did start right away did it run normal?Also have you checked for codes in the computer?

It started but sluggish and it ran normal for a couple of weeks but it did it again today. The check engine light is off so I have not checked any codes. Also I dont know if this is related but my alarm went off twice this morning by itself.

Thank you for you help

Arch1
I dont think the alarm going off by itself is related we need to see if there are any codes. That will really help narrow down this intermintant problem. If you find any codes olease ket me know the exact code numbers not code descriptions.

Ok I will get them today and ill post then later.

Thank you.

Arch1
Alright keep me posted.