SHIFT 1ST GEAR IS HARD, NOT LIKE NORMAL

2008 Daihatsu Sirion • 68,861 miles

My car have problem on shifting, when I shift on 1st gear its so hard not like normal, previously when I shift on 1st gear its smooth and the second problem, when I shift to the reverse gear its sound grinding.I dont know what is the problem.

Can someone help me.
Loranzo

Check gear oil if okay -Have the clutch assembly checked and also could be the transmission snchronizers

Thanks so much Rasmataz.I'll check 1 by 1.

Loranzo
Seems the clutch disc is slow to return or the clutch is too low.

Try depessing the clutch pedal and wait a few seconds and if it is easier to shift into gear, the splines on the clutch shaft does not have sufficient lubrication causing the disk to return late.

Ok khlow. Maybe thats the right thing. Because when I step on the clutch pedal and I wait for a few second, the shifting get smooth 1st gear and the grinding sound also diassapear when I shift on the reverse gear. Maybe the lining clutch(clutch disk) already need to change. The only problem is shifting 1st gear and reverse gear. Thanks so much khlow. Appreciate it.

Loranzo
You're welcome

Have a nice day.