LOSS OF AC FREON

2008 Chrysler Town and Country • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 68,000 miles

I have a 2008 Chrysler Mini Van. I was driving when I heard a pop sound followed by a whoosh sound and within the hour I had lost all my freon. I checked under the hood and saw fresh oil on an AC hose at the front of the engine. I am certain the compressor is OK. The sound was made by a release under pressure. Is this hose the problem because it burst at the crimp areas of the hose or the cloth hose itself? Other than that any other suggestions as to where the pop took place?
Jgarbutt

If have an obvious location of the leak start by repairing it if not have to locate the leak
3 ways to check and locate the leak
Bubble Solution Detector
This is a solution applied externally at suspected leak points. Leaking refrigerant will cause the detector to form bubbles and foam. A soap and water solution also works well.
Dye Solution
This is a colored solution that may be introduced into the A/C system. The dye will show up and color components at leak points. Some manufacturers offer refrigerant containing a Red dye. This dye-containing refrigerant is installed by normal charging procedures. Other dye solutions are visible with a Black light only.
Electronic Detector
This instrument will draw in any leaking refrigerant through a test probe, and then sound an alarm or create a flashing light if refrigerant is found. It is the most sensitive of the leak detectors used.

BMRFIXIT
Pop sound is usually a hose.

Fixitmr