HOW DO I FIX THE PASSENGER SEAT FLIP RELEASE LEVER THAT ALLOWS THE SEAT TO FOLD FORWARD AT THE TOP OF THE SEAT?

2008 Chrysler Sebring • 50 miles

We can not flip the release lever up on the top seat release (Seat belt assembly) on our convertable, the lower flip release lever works fine. The upper lever is jammed and will not move, the lower lever works fine.
G.w.johnson@windstream.net

If you are talking about the seat belt spool which the seat belt goes when it is disconnected. You will have to remove the panel that covers it.
It is like a ratchet and if it gets pulled to far it can sometimes get stuck between teeth. So, the cover will either have screws and/or body clips retaining it. Reove the screws then gently pull on the cover to expose seat belt spool. Look for ratchet arm and the teeth on the spool itseld. Hold the ratchet arm back and let the spring pull the belt in.