HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ENGINE LIGHT ON AND CODE IS P0118

2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 62,000 miles

Just had cylinder 3 misfire fixed, replaced cylinders, gaskets, shaved heads, replaced water pump, timing belt and drained and refilled antifreeze. Now engine light on and temp gauge not working. Code is P0118 engine coolant temp sensor circuit high. What to do?
Tim.jeffgordonfan

The coolant temperature sensor is unplugged or one of the wires is broken.

Thank you very much

Tim.jeffgordonfan
Could you tell me how to fix sensor and where it is? Is there a website with pictures?

Tim.jeffgordonfan
On most engines it is next to or on the thermostat housing. Follow the upper radiator hose to that housing.

The closest service manual I have is for a '01 Neon. That one shows the coolant temperature sensor on the rear of the cylinder head next to the camshaft position sensor. "Rear" in this case means driver's side, close to the brake master cylinder. The line drawing shows some pipes or hoses in a metal strap going right over the top of those two sensors.

In this book the wire colors for the coolant temperature sensor are black with a light blue stripe and tan with a black stripe.

Tim.jeffgordonfan
Did you find it?

By the way, I had a former student work in Nascar country for a few years. He had personal one-on-one conversations with Jeff Gordon, Earnhardt Sr, and many others.

Yes thanks. Kool about nascar

Tim.jeffgordonfan