CHEVROLET UPLANDER NOISE PROBLEM

2008 Chevrolet Uplander • 127,000 miles

My transmission whines. When the engine starts and the trans is in park, the whiny noise is quite loud. When I put the trans in gear, the whine quiets down, but I can still hear it. When the trans winds up the whine gets louder until the trans shifts to a higher gear. The shifting works fine. The car drives fine. It just whines.

This it has always been a bit whiny, but it got worst after I had the fluid changed (but not the filter) at an oil change place. The noise has been happening for several months, and now the check engine light is on and the code is one about the Torque Converter (CODE PO741 - TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH SYSTEM STUCK OFF).

Is this a contaminated valve problem? The oil is very clean now.

That solenoid isnt going to cause the whine noise they should have changed the filter along with the fluid. Was there debris in the fluid when they changed the fluid?Also what color was the fluid when they changed it?