CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER BATTERY PROBLEM

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 6,234 miles

My truck sometimes does not start and sometimes it does when itdoesnt start everything else works wipers ligths everything. So when it doesnt start I connect a battery booster to the battery and I let it plug for 10 minutes and starts. But its extrange cause I try jumper cables.I try charging battery overnigth and nothing works I check fuses an ok. The only way it will star its with a booster start. What could be wrong with my truck. Tank you for your time.
Magico78

Have you had the battery and alternator tested?Also did you make sure the battery cable's are clean and tight?Do you have a multimeter?

I test the battery and cables and were good have not test the alternator and I do have a multimeter.

Magico78
Did you have the battery load tested or did you just do a voltage test with your meter?Also when it doesn't start does the starter make any noise when trying to start it?

I actually put abrand new battery and no the starter does not make no noise

Magico78
Alright next time it won't start check and make sure the large red battery cable at the starter has battery voltage. Then with the key in the start position see if the purple wire to the starter has battery voltage. Let me know what you find.

Ok Itested the red wire on starter and it has power and I check the purple wire and it does not has power.

Magico78
Alright go to the neutral safety switch on the transmission when the starter is inop with the key in the start position you should have battery voltage at the pink wire and the yellow at the neutral safetey switch with everything plugged in with the car in park. Let me know what you find.