AIR CONDITIONER FAN ISSUE

2008 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 4WD Automatic • 98,000 miles

Why does my air conditioner fan sometimes work, and sometimes not. Our Chevy dealer cannot find the problem. It generally works fine in the morning, but stops working after the car has been stopped and started a couple dozen times. You can still cool the car by getting up to 50mph or so, but without the blower. It was out for a couple hours this afternoon, but came on after going over a speed bump.
Spacepilot500

Just to maybe eliminate factors

What did they Test or Replace, did they keep it and investigate, or was it a Quick look?

The Medic

I'm not sure if any tests were done, or what tests should be done. They kept the vehicle, tried to duplicate the problem (which naturally works fine while in the shop) and took things apart looking for problems, cleaned everything, checked the refrigerant, and put it back together.

Spacepilot500
Without knowing a whole lot more or what was done. Many times a relay will sorta burn it's contacts and intermittently go on the fritz, a jolt would make it function or not function. It's not a real expensive thing to throw at it (if it even has one) Your owners manual or your fuse box cover may reveal it's position.

This may not be it, at least you'll have a fresh new one!

My Dad, found that slapping his trunk lid, would get his fuel pump operational for a good while, till the Fuel Pump Relay became "Terminal" in his '86 T-Bird!

If you have no luck finding it, let me know, I'll dig deeper

Let me know your situation and status

The Medic