FLOOD DAMAGED

2008 Chevrolet Malibu • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 50,363 miles

What does water damage look like under the hood and also when an attempt is made to conceal it. I'm starting to think we have been seriously ripped off. We just bought a used 2008 Malibu. Although everything seems to check out Ok, something is just not right with this vehicle, The whole process has been weird and now after having the vehicle for just over a month, I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it. Under the hood: the engine (cover) looks really, really good- almost new; on the walls and on other components its looks a like 'spilt milk' or hard water spots and mineral build up, it doesn't wipe off and it's in strange places that typically you dont expect to see this. There is something similar to this on the exterior, and it wasn't visible until I washed it the first time. Believe me- I do not expect perfection and I'm grateful for the things that do 'look' good, but Im not stupid and with all that I cant explain, I think thats what this dealership thought we were. The seat anchor points are rusty which is normal, except that everything else looks brand new! The trunk looks like its never been used. The inside door panels have been picked off as well. I'm not sure I can love this vehicle anymore. Honesty is priceless.'
Rachel