CODE P2138

2008 Chevrolet Impala • 70,000 miles

While randomly driving about a month ago, the service traction control light came on directly followed by engine power reduced. The next day I had it scanned at autozone and they told me the code was p2138, having to do with the app sensor 1 and 2 not agreeing? So later that day the check engine light turned off and car was driving fine. A week goes by and ran into the same problem. Had car scanned again and gave the same code. Went through and checked the wires and noticed that they were very dirty, not sure if it was sand. Cleaned it out and car worked perfect. Another week went by and it did it again, was told to clean the wires that link with the throttle body position sensor, cleaned those and walla worked perfect again. Ever since there has been weird hesitation while driving as well as lag when trying to accelerate. I havent replaced any parts just yet cause I wanted to get a professional opinion before doing so. Please help I am a bit weary of driving this car since im not sure if it will do it again. Thanks.
Stephvallejos

So are you still setting the P2138 code?

Luckily the check engine light hasnt come back on since I last cleaned wires but there is still random hesitation while driving, sometimes the rpms are a little off. Car does need new brake pads and an alignment could that be part of the problem?

Stephvallejos
The brakes or alignment wouldnt cause the hessation does it get worse with the a/c on?

Actually it does hesitate more with the a/c going, I noticed also that the rpms seem like they get stuck

Stephvallejos
Usually when you have a hessation/cutting out and its worse with the a/c on its usually a ignition problem. How are the plugs and wires?

Its been a while since I last checked, would that cause the rpms to act weird

Stephvallejos
You rpms to act weird while your driving down the road?I have bad plugs and wires cause all kinds of crazy things to happen.

I'm having the same issue. 2008 Impala LS. Noticed the RPMs sputtering a little bit with the hesitation as mentioned above. Havent noticed a difference when the AC turns on. Went for an oil change yesterday and had it scanned bc the check engine light turned on and I had the message for "engine power reduced". The guy gave me the P.2138 code and said he rarely sees it so he reset it to see if it came up again. Sure enough it came up again this morning.

Jfelix