08 REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

2008 Chevrolet Impala • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 98,060 miles

I have a 08 chevy impala and my rear window defroster is not working when I push the
Button the light comes on but nothing happens any ideas
On the problem.
Djchin

You will have to check for voltage at the screen heater and check that the earth tab has not broken away, start here.

Mhpautos
My 2010 Impala has the same problem. Where is the connection plug in at the window, in the truck or inside the window?

HPUCK
The connectors for rear window defrosters are traditionally either at the bottom of the grid on both sides, top of the grid, or on the driver's side of the grid, visible just by looking at the rear window from inside the vehicle. None of the imagery I can find gives an exact location, so you may need to remove the rear seat or look under the rear package shelf from inside the trunk.

Rivermikerat
Oh, and make sure there is power on both sides of the switch when the switch is enabled. The switch could be defective internally, allowing the light to turn on, but not passing power out of the switch.

Rivermikerat