REMOVING PASSENGER SIDE FRONT SEAT BELT AND DRIVERS AIRBAG

2008 Chevrolet HHR • 17,761 miles

I have the pillar out seat belt almost out except see no way to remove wires to sensor in passenger side seat belt so it can be replaced pleae help. Also how do I get the silly air bag that was deployed off the steering wheel already disabled system and removed control module.
Scoir99

SEAT BELT SYSTEM -2008 Chevrolet HHR LT
Page 1 of 1
FRONT SEAT BELT REPLACEMENT

Fig. 6: Front Seat Belt Replacement Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Callout NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice.
Component Name
Fastener Tightening Specifications: Refer to Fastener Tightening Specifications.
Preliminary Procedure
Remove the seat belt height adjuster Cover. Refer to Seat Belt Height Adjuster **** Replacement - Front.
Remove the center pillar trim. Refer to Center Pillar Upper Trim
and Center Pillar Lower Trim Panel Replacement. Front Seat Shoulder Belt Anchor Plate Bolt
Tip: Disconnect the electrical connector.
1.
Panel Replacement

2.
1
Tighten: 43 N.M (32 lb ft) Shoulder Belt Guide Retainer
Front Seat Retractor Bolt
2
3
Tighten: 43 N.M (32 lb ft) Front Seat Belt Retractor
4

1/23/2012

Rivermikerat
That I figured out have drivers side out but there is a sensor on passenger side that I cannot see any way to remove so it can be replaced

Scoir99
I take it said sensor is pictured in the inset? Have you tried tracing the sensor wiring back to a connector?

Why are you replacing the seatbelts? Are they frayed or otherwise ruined or unusable?

Rivermikerat
Ty got airbag out now and new one installed and car was a salvadge and last things that need done for inspection was install new airbag and seatbelts need removed and sent to be rebuilt

Scoir99
You're welcome.

Rivermikerat