WIPERS WONT TURN OFF

2008 Acura MDX • 90,000 miles

Every option with the wipers work except they wont shut off
RB65

Could be the switch or the wiper motor relay is sticking

If the wiper is stuck on the high speed mode, check for a sticking intermittent wiper relay.

I had the issue on my 2008 acura mdx - it was out of warranty.
I bought a wiper switch from the acura dealer (it seems its dealer part - not carried by other vendors), opened up the steering column cover and replaced the switch. That fixed the problem.

Let me know if you need instructions on how to fix it.

Dmital
Hi - seems like I have the same problem. The wipers won't go off (stuck on intermitten) and stay in standard speed even when I put it on high. Do you have the instructions for replacing the switch and is it an easy fix? Thanks

Bigdaddio45
WIPER/WASHER SWITCH REPLACEMENT

1. Remove the dashboard lower cover.
2. Remove the steering column covers.
3. Disconnect the combination light switch 20P connector (A), and dashboard wire harness 8P connector (B) from the wiper/washer switch (C).
4. Remove the two screws, then slide out the wiper/washer switch.

NOTE: The wiper/washer switch is built into the combination switch control unit.

Hi! Thanks for help with the same problem! However, the devil is in the details! Found that there is a little pin at the top outside which must be released by prying up the front lip a bit to allow the unit to slip out. Also, it seemed to be necessary to slide the light control out to access the connector plug. Not necessary to remove the lower dashboard cover. Appreciate the help!

Dinet
You're welcome.

Happy New Year.