VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE DEALER PROBLEM

2007 Volkswagen Beetle • 87,000 miles

Hi there! I would be Very grateful for your advice regarding conflicting repair recommendations I have been given about
my trans pan.

My VW dealership says I have a leak in the trans pan and need to replace it for $1,050. I then went to a VW repair shop for a 2nd opinion & they saw no seepage or leakage at all under the car. I took a look myself when the car was on the lift and saw no indication of moisture.

I called the dealership back & told them we saw nothing & the service mgr. Said, "You can't see the problem/leak from under the car. You need to look inside the engine. There is lubricant leaking in the connectors & wires and this is why you need a new transmission pan. Come in & I will show you."

I called the other mechanic back & he said "I would advise you to run from the dealership as fast as you can. Your car looks greatl to us."

I wonder who is right? This is so confusing. Should the t. Pan be replaced if there is some small leakage in the connectors?

Thanks!

Lauren

If there is no visual signs of a leak there will be no reason to do any work to it, any leak will find its way to the outer case and will be visible, no signs of oil no leak.

Mhpautos