RAV $ DOME LIGHT

2007 Toyota Rav4 • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 40,000 miles

I have a 2007 RAV 4. While changing light bulb in main dome light assembly, the light bulb fell into the ceiling. How do I remove the light assembly to access the lose bulb which is now rattling?
Betsy Sand

Hi betsy, other than having the shop tear it down and then charging you a million bucks to fix it. The only option would be to get a retractable magnet(looks like a retractable radio antenna) and fish it out.I'm sorry but thats really the only option, besides what I indicated first.

I had the same problem with a 2008 RAV4. What a stupid design. I couldn't fish it out with a wire, so I banged on the roof/dome light assembly with my fist until the bulb socket fell down near the edge of headliner where I could wiggle my fingers in and grab it. Then I ran a wire up through the opening where the socket was and sideways/forward until it came out over visor. I attached the socket to the wire and was able to pull/jiggle it back up into position. Note: running the wire through the hole and forward toward the rear view mirror didn't work since there's not enough clearance to pull back in the socket assembly that way. Hope I don't make this mistake again!

Rav4
Thanks so much! Have a 2008 Rav and same problem when changing the bulb and your directions actually worked for me. I am a 64 year old female and was surprised that I was able to get the light back. Thanks again.

Fnbarr