TEMPURATURE GAUGE

2007 Toyota Corolla • 83,000 miles

Temperature gauge rises and lowers, fan turns on when gauge rises, changed ECT sensor, no leaks, no engine like or check engine light turns on when gauge turns to redline just fan kicks on even when engine is cold, could it be the ECM going bad? Should that be replaced? Is this a common problem if so how can I find a solution?
Rrangel147

Are there any trouble codes?
Did you test the ECT wiring?
Under what condition does the temperature gauge shows high?

Engine code read P0117 although that is when I can get the check engine light to come on, the engine light comes on and of when it wants to, I did however replace the ECT and now the engine light does not come on anymore, but the gauge goes up and down like the engine is hot even when I start it up in the mornings? Does that help any?

Rrangel147
Ok now its running great after I changed the ECM hopefully that was the problem but now my air bag warning light is on? I think it could be the sensor under the dash what do you think?

Rrangel147
You need to retrieve the trouble code to find out what is wrong with the SRS system.

Ok will do thank you I will get back to you thanks

Rrangel147
You're welcome.