WHERE IS THE PCV VALVE LOCATED? HOW DO YOU REPLACE IT? WHAT IS THE PART NUMBER OF THE PCV VALVE?

2007 Suzuki XL7 • 65,000 miles

I have a 2007 XL7 AWD and the engine has been building up sludge about every 2500 miles. I have had the engine flushed every other month for the last 6 months. Have been changing the oil around 2500 miles and am using synthetic oil. About a week ago I noticed that the oil filler cap was very hard to turn and take off. When I finally did get it off I found a creamy whiteish substance around and in the cap. I was told that this is due to condensation build up and I need to replace the pcv valve from couple of people.
Rholbrook@earthlink.net

PCV valve should be located in the valve cover. I can't find any listings for part numbers anywhere. Check the coolant reservoir. Do you see the same buildup? You probably have a blown head gasket or cracked block or head.

Rivermikerat
I do not see any of the build up in the coolant reservoir. There are droplets of water on the underside of the oil filler cap when you take it off and turn it over.

Look on the valve cover on the driver's side of the engine, towards the rear for the PCV valve.

Rivermikerat
That's where I thought it was. I ordered the PCV valve and tube assembly yesterday. The tube on it now looks crimped. Figured the tube wouldn't hurt.

Nope. Can't hurt.

Rivermikerat