AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WON'T SHIFT MANUALLY UP/DOWN

2007 Suzuki XL7

I have a 2007 Suzuki XL7. It has an automatic transmission that can be shifted up and down manually by pushing the gearshift sideways while in Drive.
It recently stopped shifting manually. I can push the gear shifter sideways, but it does not display the gear (only says D instead of M like it normally switches to). Moving the shifter doesn't cause the gears to change. Otherwise, the transmission is acting normally.
Qwertyqwerty@yahoo.com

Get a scan done to see if there are any trouble codes.

Only one trouble code is set--P0008 or something like that--it's an engine performance code related to timing chains or tensioners. The trouble code had been set for a couple of months before the transmission issue popped up.

Was any scan done after the problem ocurred?

Does using the paddle shift works?

Problem indicates a possible fault with the shift control, under the shift lever.

Trying to follow up on this problem that I never got solved. Has anyone else had this problem?

You did not reply to my questions so how are we to help you?

The problem here IS the "paddle shift". All codes are cleared now for months.

What about the manual shift with gear shift lever? You need to provide us with information for us to understand the problem.

Please read original question carefully.

You initial question did not mention anything about the paddle shift.

I am done since you are not appreciative of my effort.

Have a nice day.